Monday, January 4, 2010

Product Photos - Part I - Introduction

Over the next few months we will be exploring ways to get the most out of your product photos. This will involve an in depth look at a number of parts to taking good product photos. These parts include the camera, the lights, the product, and the actual shot itself.

It will be important to understand each of these aspects in order to take great product photos. I would encourage you to take out the instructions to your current camera and become familiar with them. Also, take your camera out and start taking some photos just for the fun of it.

Be sure to send me any questions you have along the way, and I'll make sure to touch on each of them. I would also encourage you to post your own suggestions for our readers, and share any information you would find helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Photos have been the most frustrating part of selling my jewelry online! When I opened my Etsy store I researched other sellers, the Etsy Storque, etc. for weeks and happened on an article explaining about camera settings...settings I never knew existed...or if I did, I sure didn't know what they meant! I can certainly tell the difference in the photos now, but I have lots of room for improvement! The white balance seems to be the most important setting...well, next to macro! I'll be searching thru this year's months for your tips Thanks ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete